Thursday, July 28, 2011

the final countdown

Yesterday I officially hit the 39 week mark and I am sad to report that there hasn't been much progress.  I am currently dilated to a two and 50% effaced, but that's also what I was at last week so I was a little disappointed when the Dr told me there hadn't been any changes this week.

We did have a little false alarm.  When I went in for my appointment on Tuesday my blood pressure was running a little high so the Dr was concerned and wanted me to go to the hospital to be monitored.  I was a little freaked out and after calling Jason he was even more freaked out and insisted that I kept him updated every 15 minutes.  Of course they hooked me up to all of the machines and reported that my blood pressure was now normal.  But because they had me all hooked up they decided to continue to monitor me for the next two hours and make sure my blood tests were fine.  It was a little annoying, but once I knew that our little man wasn't coming I relaxed and enjoyed listening to his heart beat.  The nurse also showed me that I was having contractions about every 8 minutes so it was interesting to learn that something was happening, I just didn't know it.

I immediately went home that night and packed my bags so I am officially ready, and will not be caught off guard if buddy decides to come early.  So now the waiting begins.  I am starting to get very uncomfortable, and the heat wave we've been having is not helping.  I know I haven't been very good at updating the blog but now that I am all caught up, and I have everything ready - I will definitely be better at updating.

1 comment:

Granum Family said...

this happened to me with chloe too and they made me stay at the hospital for a few hours to monitor it. just think, next time you are at the hospital, he will be in your arms!!!!!